Medical Director of Medical Affairs
XDx, Inc., based in Brisbane, California, is a molecular diagnostics company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of non-invasive tests for the monitoring of transplant rejection and autoimmune diseases. The company has developed AlloMap Molecular Expression Testing, an FDA-cleared test, which provides transplant physicians with a tool to aid in the determination of the probability of acute cellular rejection for post-cardiac transplant patient management. AlloMap is marketed in the U.S. and was launched this year in Germany and Switzerland, with additional European countries to follow in the future. Some of the AlloMap technology developed and implemented by XDx in heart transplant patient management may be applicable to other conditions that involve transplant rejection and diseases that affect the immune system. XDx's non-invasive technology offers the potential to decrease healthcare costs and improve the quality of life for patients with a variety of life-threatening or life-altering immune-mediated diseases.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Director will medically lead Medical Affairs to realize the maximum clinical value and utility of AlloMap. The Director will develop high caliber staffing and programs to inform and educate health care professionals and internal staff about the AlloMap test. The Director will work closely with Sales and Marketing, the Medical Science Liaisons Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Operations, Research & Development and other functions to align strategic and operational goals.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and administer further infrastructure, programs and materials to communicate and demonstrate the clinical value of the AlloMap test and develop strong and productive working relationships with physicians, transplant coordinators, managed care accounts and key opinion leaders (KOLs) and sales and marketing within XDx.
- Respond to scientific questions, evaluate investigator proposed studies for scientific merit and commercial opportunity to support AlloMap
- Develop scientific and medical presentations, advisory board support, and project management
- Plan and manage MSL team's scientific support and coverage at major medical meetings
- Provide training on scientific issues and immunology for transplant sales force
- Recruit, train and/or develop XDx staff and external health care providers (e.g. transplant physicians) to:
- Analyze, interpret, and clarify AlloMap test results in conjunction with other clinical data
- Provide on-site physician education at transplant centers through oral presentations, data reviews and interactive resolution of clinician queries
- Provide medical affairs support to the XDx Medical Science Liaisons, Marketing team and to the Transplant Account Manager (TAM) and Managed Care Account Manager (MAM) field teams
- Direct the strategy and implementation of medical publications, symposia, professional meetings activities.
- Provide clinical support for Customer Service inquiries and complaints
- Prior experience in a Medical Affairs leadership role in small company or significant managerial experience in a larger commercial enterprise
- Prior industry/clinical experience with solid organ transplantation required; heart transplant preferred
- Knowledge of immune-mediated diseases and immunosuppressive therapeutics
- Prior experience with the introduction of new clinical laboratory tests
- History of successfully establishing strong, collaborative working relationships with clinicians and between internal departments including sales and marketing
- Knowledge of molecular biology, genomics and or immunology preferred
- Willingness to travel ( up to 50% time) primarily in the United States
- Outstanding communication and oral presentation skills
- M.D. degree, BC/BE in Internal Medicine
XDx's offices are an easy commute from San Francisco, the Peninsula or the East Bay. The position offers a competitive salary, and equity compensation along with a competitive benefits and 401K package. XDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email CV to email@example.com; specifying the job title in the subject line of email.
Direct candidates only; no recruiters; no calls.